PILOT PROJECT – SUB-TRANSMISSION STATIC, STRUCTURE CONDITION, AND ROW ASSESSMENT
Managing Director – Transmission & Distribution
ReadyVIS is supplying utility providers an innovative solution for utility asset inspection and inventory, through our custom developed software and workflows.
A small distribution line near Lancaster, NY was used as a testing ground for this new system. Integrating GIS data, drone inspection media, condition analysis, and custom software, a comprehensive solution was developed to meet the needs of the modern utility provider.
Our workflow and deliverable is generally outlined as follows:
- Infrastructure inspections are performed by ReadyVIS Part 107 certified drone pilots.
- Certified experts review and analyze inspection drone media for condition assessment.
- Custom software delivery Web-interfaced software features:
- Houses and manages all district and circuit data in one easy-to-navigate user interface
- HD media (pictures/video) from drone directly accessible within app
- Easy to navigate interface with satellite imagery as well as street and point-of-interest labels
- Numerous viewing modes and user preference settings
- One-click on-line mapping access for easy directions to asset locations
- Data filtering provide the user control of information visibility
- Clear zone vegetation analysis
- State of the art vegetation analysis locates and quantifies the vegetation within the R.O.W. that poses risk to utility infrastructure
- Synced drone video with real-world drone location allows the user to get the current birds-eye-view of the actual surrounding vegetation correlating to the clear zone analysis
- Asset inspection data viewable in-app, including but not limited to:
- Structure identification
- Precise asset locations
- HD drone images and videos
- Analyzed condition and priority of deficiencies found
- Estimated costs for repair or replacement
- Record information of past inspections to easily track asset deterioration